The guideline for displaying Links widget in Wordpress is an ideal solution when you need to share your favorite blogs or websites with your readers. As you might have already known, this Links Widget shows a list of links, which are also known as a blogroll, in your sidebar. And before you can utilize this feature, you will have to create a blogroll first. There is an example below of its appearance if you don’t know what its look is:
Table of content
1. Open the Settings
After you have added the widget to your sidebar from My Sites → Customize → Widgets, the widget settings will appear as:
Here is some specific information in the Settings that will help you to understand more:
- Link category: The first dropdown permits you to choose which of your links to be displayed. You can either choose All Links from all categories or choose just links in a specific category. In case you want to display links from multiple categories, you can insert multiple link widgets, then display a different link category in each one.
- Sort by: When your list of links is being displayed, you can sort by the Link ID, Randomly, Link Title, or Rating. Selecting Link title will sort your links by alphabetical order.
If you choose Link rating, you will take control over the ordering. Remember that you would have to set the rating option for each link. Link ID sorting will show the links in the order that they were created.
- Show link image: This will show the images specified by the image address in your links.
- Show link name: This will show the name specified in your links.
- Show link description: This will show the description specified in your links.
- Show link rating: This will show the rating specified in your links. Note: These setting refer to the information you added in while adding a link.
- Number of links to show: This will indicate the number of links you want the widget to display. If you want to display all of your links, just leave the box empty.
There is a useful note in case some links are not displayed in the widget, please be sure that you have assigned a category to each link].
2. Troubleshooting problem
Why does my Links Widget not have all the options mentioned above? is a common question that users frequently ask. There are some below themes that have a Links Widget, but they do not include options, for example: choosing or sorting which link details to show like:
- Chaos Theory
I have shown you all the needed information that will help you display your Links widget in Wordpress. Feel free to ask if there is any troubles occurring in your practicing time because we are always here for your best experience on Wordpress.com. Thanks for your reading time!