The instruction for inserting a gallery widget in Wordpress is exactly what you are looking for if you when you want to figure out the way of adding an image gallery widget to your WordPress.com website or blog. As the Gallery widget provides you with a simple way to display a photo gallery or slideshow in your blog’s sidebar, you can utilize this feature while using.
Table of content
1. Open the Settings
After you have added the widget to your sidebar from Customizer → Widgets, the widget settings will appear as:
Here is some details in the settings that you should know more:
- Title: The title will be shown above the gallery in your sidebar.
- Images: Images will be shown in the gallery. You can select Choose Images to choose images for your gallery.
- Link to: Carousel: A full-size carousel will permit visitors to scroll through the whole gallery one image at a time.
Attachment Page: This is a specialized page in your bog which shows the image in the theme you selected.
Media File: This is the direct link to the full-size uploaded image.
“Link to” - option does not apply to slideshows.
- Random Order: Select this box if you want your images to be displayed in a random order in the gallery.
- Style: You can choose the gallery style here. The options include Tiles, Circles, Square Tiles, Slideshow.
2. Choose images for your gallery
At first, just select Choose Images in the widget settings to choose images for your gallery.
Then, in case you want to select images from your hard drive, drag and drop the files into the box which shows up, or you can click Select Files to select pictures from your computer to upload.
When you want to add images that already existed in your Media Gallery, choose the Add to Gallery section on the left side. Choose your desired images to include in the slideshow or your gallery by clicking them. Once you finished, select Add to Gallery button the lower right position.
When your images have been uploaded and added, you can add captions or reorder by dragging and dropping them. Once you finished, select Insert Gallery to button the lower right position.
Your image gallery is now ready. Choose the widget settings for your gallery, click Save, then visit your website to take a look at your new Gallery Widget.
3. Examples of gallery styles
Below is the appearance of each style in the gallery widget:
That’s a wrap! You now know the way to insert a gallery widget in Wordpress to your site. The procedure is simple and easy-to-follow, I believe you will soon practice successfully. For more tips and tricks, visit our support site, we are always here to help you.