If you want to enhance your blog using an interactive element or feature, Polls can be very helpful for you. Crowdsignal, which provides online poll creation services, is now integrated with WordPress. Therefore, you can easily create a poll and add it to your blog while using WordPress. To know How to generate a new poll, here is the guide for you to create a brand new poll.
How to generate a new poll
- Use Crowdsignal
- Create a new poll from within WordPress.com
- Insert an existing poll from WordPress.com
- Create a new poll by Email
Creating a poll through Crowdsignal and then embedding it on your website is considered to be the best way to integrate a poll. Here is how to do it:
- Open Crowsignal and create a new account. There is also an option that you can your WordPress account in order to use Crowdsignal.
- Please click Create a New… which can be seen on your dashboard, then choose the suitable tool for you.
- In this step, you’re free to create the poll that you want.
- So as to share your poll to your site, click the Sharing tab located at the top and select the suitable sharing option.
- Choose WordPress to show the poll on your site. After that, please copy the code that Crowdsignal provided.
- This is the last step of this process, paste the code to the post, page or widget area that you want. If you paste the code to your posts or pages, it will be converted into a shortcode block.
Create a new poll from within WordPress.com
Please kindly note that all the instructions from this guide are referring to the WP Admin dashboard. You only need to add “/wp-admin” to the end of your site’s URL to get to your dashboard!
To create a poll from within WordPress.com, firstly, you need to open your WP Admin dashboard and go to Feedback → Polls menu in your Dashboard.
If you are new to using polls on WordPress, you need to to create or import an account. Please choose one option shown in the picture below and follow the instructions to create or import an account.
After the process of creating an account finishes, you are free to create a poll.
To save the poll you have made, please remember to click the Save Poll button. You will receive a message informing that the poll has been created at the top.
Insert an existing poll from WordPress.com
After creating a poll, to insert it in your posts, pages, etc., you need to navigate to your Polls in WP-Admin and choose Embed & Link in the poll you would like to insert.
WordPress provides some options for you to add the poll:
- WordPress Shortcode: Copy and paste this shortcode into the place you would like to embed the poll
- Short URL: You can share your poll with other services like Twitter by adding this link.
- Facebook URL: Sharing your poll with Facebook by inserting this link provided to you.
Please also remember that you may need to update the poll’s design in order to use the Narrow style so that it fits perfectly.
Create a new poll by Email
In WordPress, polls can only be shown once on a post. However, you are allowed to show more than polls which need to be different from each other.
Thank for reading all the instructions on How to generate a new poll. We hope that this guide greatly help you and your site to enhance our blog using an interactive element or feature. Read here to know how to insert a poll.