Are you a creator and want to make money based on your skills? Do you own an e-commerce website, and are you looking for personalized products to include in your catalog? If so, Print On Demand could be a business model that not only helps you to satisfy your creativity but also helps you monetize these skills.
But where exactly should you start? And which tool should you use?
The following article will answer all of the above and recommend 7 Best Print on Demand Companies to work with, so you can start your on-demand printing business with confidence.
What is Print on Demand?
Print On Demand, also known as POD, is an e-commerce business model that allows participants to print products according to the design and demand of the customers. With POD, you don't keep any physical inventory. Instead, your contract with a third party will be responsible for printing and completing the entire process for you.
On-demand printing is a form of dropshipping in which the seller won't have to worry about inventory management and shipping methods. You will only have to focus on design and marketing. The supplier will also only take on production work according to the order you send back. It can be seen that this is a model that both parties will receive great benefits, can focus resources on their main job, save time, money, and effort.
Every supplier will offer you a base cost, including production and delivery costs. You design content, upload, set your pricing, and sell your custom products on e-commerce platforms. The difference between the base price and the selling price is the profit you get. From there, help you make sales campaigns more effective.
POD products are relatively diverse, such as t-shirts, hoodies, tote bags, porcelain cups, phone cases, flat prints (canvas paintings), hats, leggings, etc.
- Best Shopify Print on Demand Apps
- Best Print On Demand Products to Sell Online
- Printful vs Printify: Which Print-on-demand is Better?
- Best Shopify Printing Apps
What Makes a Good Print on Demand Site?
Variety in Product
When we're thinking of print companies, what you're offering should be thought about. Most of your business will be the front-end graphics standard. However, to grow sales, you can also consider other products such as accessories, gifts, etc. After considering a certain type of product, you can see if it fits your brand.
T-shirts, especially hoodies, are the products that most printing companies supply. However, consider whether the product in their category is of the quality you want. Printify has a catalog of over 280 products and variations to choose from. In short, choose a supplier that offers the basics well and offers the diversity of products.
Choosing the best place to print is generally about the price. Price is very important; after all, you enter the field to make money! The price is the cost function - your costs may vary between providers. However, a critical factor in whether your product will sell is the price of the item and the shipping cost.
Make sure to think about the following in terms of pricing:
- Shipping cost
- Transaction fee
- Product price
When you are using a website such as eBay or Etsy, you certainly need to calculate your price in transaction fees, because they can end up being a large portion of your final request price.
Carefully consider the platform's costs as well. Some vendors charge you for using the platform, others charge you only when an item is being sold, and yet others charge you depending on how many designs you have posted to their site. The best on-demand printing sites are completely transparent. These small fees can add up in a big way-affecting your bottom line!
The items in the store will make or break you- not just the price and the graphics but also the "blanks" physical quality. "Blanks" are the items of clothing and goods that will be printed onto your graphics.
The types of blanks sold are investigated – are they unbranded? Or are they from reputable firms? Would you see reviews regarding these products? TThese are critical questions you should ask yourself but will probably ask your customers before purchasing your products. Put in the additional effort and see what you are selling – and rake in additional sales!
Consider the location your provider offers. When the product is further away, delivery times will be longer, even if it is far from infrastructure. Focus on finding a company that uses a distributed network or at least one that lets you pick your goods.
The scale is another consideration as well. This means the vendor's business level for their products: Are they capable of handling the demand placed on their network? Do they often run out of stock? The last thing you need is the long wait time to get your products printed and shipped!
Best Print on Demand Companies
Printful is a leading Dropshipping supplier of famous accessories, clothing, and home appliances in on-demand printing. In addition to t-shirts, Printful also offers many other products such as gloves, hats, skirts, swimwear, backpacks, phone cases, pillows, coffee cups, etc.
This company has headquarters and branches in many states of the United States, Spain, and Latvia. Their products have good materials and high-quality printing techniques. At the same time, Prinful's application on Shopify is easy to use, very well synchronized with the store without errors.
Pros of Prinful:
- Free monthly: Just go to the homepage, sign up for an account and start syncing with Shopify, or you can also sell individual items individually without creating a store.
- User-friendly interface and very easy to use
- Worldwide delivery: Printful is located in both the US and Europe, so you will have no problems shipping products to customers around the world. Shipping takes 3 - 5 working days on average.
- Brand Customization: You can add your own logo to shipping labels
- 24/7 Support: One of the features that I really like about Printful is that they often answer questions very quickly and enthusiastically.
- Integrate multiple e-commerce applications: With the same design you can sync it across other e-commerce apps and sites such as Shopify, Woocommerce, Amazon, Etsy, eBay, BigCommerce, Weebly, Magento, Inktable, Squarespace, etc.
- Products are diverse: the items on Printful are not only t-shirts, but you can also sell pillowcases, porcelain cups, wall paintings, hats, backpacks, etc.
Shipping charges on Printful:
Printful's freight is quite low. You can build the shipping price on your site based on Printful's price bracket.
Shipping time on Printful:
Actual printing and packaging time only takes 2-5 working days.
Actual shipping time to customers is 3-5 working days.
Product catalog overview:
- Leggings, sweatpants, and joggers
- T-shirts (Gildan, American Apparel, Bella + Canvas, etc.)
- Tote bags and backpacks
- Bean bag chairs
- Phone cases
- Framed posters
- And over 220 more
- Printful vs Printify Comparison
- Top 11 Printful alternatives
- Printful Reviews - Pricing, Features, Pros & Cons
Printify is special in how it provides you with access to a wide network of distributed printing partners all over the world. This means a wider range of products to choose from, but you can also select your printer depending on the area you want to sell for quicker and more cost-effective shipping.
In brief, Printify can offer excellent margins and the largest variety of available products. The inherent trade-off is that the product quality and the service to the printer can differ depending on whom you work with. If you also choose to work with various providers that will require additional setup.
Compared to Printful, Printify has two main differences:
Printify is not a manufacturing company, they work on a network model. They associate with their printing partners in many countries around the world. When you place an order in the country or region closest to the partner, that place is where the product is printed, and delivered to you.
Because it is a network linking different suppliers, the prices here are lower and the quality is harder to control than Printful.
If you want to build a reputable and stable stall or target customers who are high-income earners, pay much attention to quality, and choose Printful. If you are interested in profits or your market is directed to outside countries such as the USA, Mexico, Latvia, Spain, choose Printify.
Pros of Printify:
- Shipping: Printify has a worldwide network of suppliers, which means they cooperate with other printers to outsource their own processing. Therefore, transit times in many countries are shortened compared to other companies. (In fact, there are still many cases where Printify's partners deliver goods as committed)
- Options: They offer options for you, such as direct printing, embroidery, cutting and sewing, thermal transfer printing, and more is up to Printify's partners.
- Profits: Products are priced lower than Printful so you can sell them at a good price to customers. Also, if you upgrade to a monthly premium plan, you will get a 20% discount on all orders.
Product catalog overview:
- Framed prints and canvas wraps
- Fridge Magnets
- High heels
- And over 250 more
Above are two very popular print on demand providers today. Besides these companies, there are a few other ideal options that are well worth your consideration. Let go ahead to find out.
Read more: Printify Review
Zazzle USP is its unbelievable and distinctive customization capability.
You can create 1300 + objects at Zazzle and then customize them further to make them. You can choose an artist's art, or design something yourself.
The company is highly popular and has nearly 30 million visitors per month.
- High traffic
- Zazzle videos and tips on how to boost the product
- Choose your loyalty
- Plenty of products for customers to buy and for artists to sell art
Pros of Zazzle:
- Free sign up: You can enter Zazzle and set up your shop to sell a wide range of items.
- Zazzle Marketplace: It's a forum where you can make your own creations available for sale to others. You set your prices on your products, and receive big (volume) discounts based on monthly sales.
- Variety of design choices: Upload your designs and sell goods using options offered by Zazzle, or use designs submitted on your goods by other members.
- Customization options: members of Zazzle enjoy customization options in the store above and beyond other Zazzle benefits.
- Name Your Royalty: This is a program from Zazzle that allows you to set your own profits.
- Customer support: There's always a dedicated support team on hand to help with your questions via call, email, or online chat.
- Free you to concentrate on sales: Zazzle manages manufacturing, processing payments, delivery, returns, and customer support so you can focus on making and selling your goods.
- Promotion and Reports: Zazzle provides valuable advertising resources, plus useful information on monitoring.
- Knowledgebase: The help center of Zazzle is comprehensive with responses to commonly asked questions so that you don't need to contact them for any minor issue. It provides useful information for all three forms of account: vendors, builders, or designers.
Product catalog overview:
- Business cards
- Pacifiers for children
- Tote bags
- Kid’s clothes
Gooten provides for those who are unable to deal with the influx of orders and want some help in handling customizable product design, all the additional duties, and shipping that go with it.
You can consolidate your business operation with Gooten and make it as easy as possible to sell your creative goods!
Gooten does not charge any setup fees or manual fees. You are only charged for the manufactured and shipped goods.
If you're searching for a platform that provides a lot of different integration choices, Gooten has you include the following platforms with integration:
- Gooten API
- Your mobile app
- Custom order form
Most Gooten items are printed in the USA. Gooten has 40 different fabrication facilities.
Product catalog overview:
- Dog beds
- Travel bags
- Fleece blankets
- Framed prints
Print Aura is a fantastic on-demand print company and a white label business that turns the concept into high-quality items for immediate sale. Print Aura has a wide variety of items with unique designs to sell.
Print Aura allows for Etsy, Shopify, Open Cart, WooCommerce, and STORENVY integration.
Nearly every product can be found on this POD service, from baby clothing to phone cases.
Print Aura's features:
- Includes a large number of products including but not limited to bags, mugs and more items for custom designing
- US & Global Shipping
- Mockup generator
- Affordable Rates
- Huge Daily Capacity for orders
- Quick Turnaround time
- No Minimum Order requirements
With several the Print on Demand applications, the exact cost of products you would pay when printing on different types of products is often very hard to figure out.
Print Aura does, however, make learning exactly what each product will cost you as well as how much margin you can set on it to make a high profit quite quick and easy.
Their pricing wizard helps you know, within a few minutes, the exact cost of any object.
It's really easy to use, just pick your type of t-shirt, favorite color, single or double side print, and quantity and destination for shipping. It shows you the exact cost you are going to incur on that product.
So then you can simply set the selling price to earn a better profit on every item. This also shows you prices for certain forms of items, such as phone cases, fabric, pillows, etc.
Print Aura shipping:
With most goods, the typical processing period is 3-5 days which is pretty good for a PoD operation. Many fashion products may however be hurried by charging an additional $2 per item within 1-2 days. Below is a snapshot of the processing period.
The shipping time with Pint Aura varies depending on the location. Domestic shipping (within the U.S.) takes around 3-5 days while on average international shipping will take 5-12 + days from anywhere.
All U.S. shipping orders can be tracked while international orders are only tracked until the item is in the U.S. after Print Aura takes no responsibility for customs delays or product loss.
Product catalog overview:
- Phone Cases
- Baby Clothes
Redbubble is an online marketplace that is for a wide variety of products.
A diverse audience submits the artwork, and they remain a major player in the game.
This is a popular place and has a wide customer base.
- Easy to use interface
- Free to join
- Allow you to sell your art for many products
- Fast upload process
Pros of Redbubble:
- Product Variety: Redbubble ensures that high-quality standards are met for the products offered. There is a huge range to choose from with several variations, including men/women/children and baby pieces, stickers, home decor, wall art, case tools, wallets, gifts, stationery, and more.
- Simple and straightforward: The user experience of Redbubble can even be used for newbies. Although uploading designs and unselecting products may take a while to get used to, the site is easy to navigate. It also provides self-explanatory features and buttons.
- Customer service: A dedicated and highly responsive support staff with 4-hour response time is available. Email, Online chat, Twitter, and other customer support channels are available.
- Knowledgebase: Sellers and buyers are given a support center to get responses to their questions.
- Shipping: Redbubble does not ship for free, but its service is of high quality. The prices do differ according to shipping type and venue.
- Payment options: these are made by direct bank deposit (select countries) or PayPal during each payment period from the 15th of a month to the 15th of the month following.
Product catalog overview:
- Duvet covers
Teelaunch is an on-demand fulfillment company that prints your custom designs on their products. When customers place an order on your website, Teelaunch will print the product, package it, and ship it to the customer.
There is no monthly or annual membership fee, you only have to pay for products when customers order, so you don't have to worry about meeting a minimum number of orders or managing your inventory. Their warehouse includes men's and women's clothing, tote bags, embroidery, bathroom curtains, jewelry, phone covers, pet products, kitchenware, and more.
No app installation fees and no monthly or yearly membership fees, you only pay for each product you sell.
Pros of Teelaunch:
- Free to use, no membership fee
- No minimum application required
- Diverse products
- Teelaunch handles all aspects of printing, packaging, and delivery
- There is no manual step, every order is processed automatically
- Unlimited number of products you can import as well as the number of orders per month
- You choose the profit margin
- Delivery anywhere
Cons of Teelaunch:
- Their warehouse does not contain footwear
Product catalog overview:
- Custom mugs
- Different designs
Whether you're an artist looking to sell your work or you're an e-commerce merchant looking to add customization to your products, Print On Demand is a viable option. You need to remember that your POD business's success depends a lot on your partner, who is responsible for printing and fulfillment. That's why you need to research to find the best business solution.
This article has provided you with the best print on demand companies available today and helpful information about each. Hope you will make the best choice for your business and be successful.
Read more: 8+ Best Shopify Print on Demand Apps